Tooth Extraction in Bellevue, WA
While we much prefer to save the tooth whenever possible, there are times that a tooth extraction is required; here at Adara Surgical Institute in Bellevue, WA we regularly perform emergency dental extractions due to pain, infection or damage. If you are experiencing dental pain or discomfort and are in need of a tooth extraction please contact our office. We recommend that patients first see their dentist to be evaluated to ensure that the tooth needs to be extracted and is not repairable.
Adara Surgical Institute is located in Issaquah, WA (near Bellevue), and is proud to be the home of Dr. Dhaliwal. He is part of a select few elite and highly trained, prestigiously credentialed group of surgeons and is expertly trained in both General Cosmetic Surgery and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Dhaliwal is Quadruple Board Certified in General Cosmetic Surgery, Facial Cosmetic Surgery, Oral Surgery, as well as Maxillofacial Surgery. Learn more about Dr. Dhaliwal’s training and certifications.
Adara Surgical Institute can perform all types of tooth extractions; please contact our office for urgent emergency dental care if you are suffering and need immediate care for any nature of urgent dental extractions. The following is a brief list of the types of urgent dental tooth extractions we can help you with.
- Emergency Dental Extraction
- Standard Tooth Extraction
- Dental Infection
- Painful Wisdom Teeth
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Decayed Tooth Extraction
- Damaged or Broken Tooth Extraction
- Injury or Accident Emergency Dental Extraction
- Critical or Urgent Tooth Extraction
At the time of your consultation we will discuss treatment options and we will decide together the best course of action. Here at Adara Surgical Institute we make every effort to ensure that you are informed every step of the way. Additionally, we always put our patients’ comfort first and foremost take the necessary steps to ensure that your tooth extraction is as painless as possible.
We offer IV sedation and General anesthesia to ensure your comfort during the tooth extraction procedure. At the time of your consultation Dr. Dhaliwal will discuss available options and any other health considerations to ensure a safe and successful procedure. Contact our office to schedule your consultation as soon as possible. Virtual consultations are available.
Dentist Referrals and Urgent Walk-ins
If your dentist is referring you to our office we communicate fully with your referring dentist. After your dental consultation with Dr. Dhaliwal, your dentist will promptly receive a letter detailing Dr. Dhaliwal’s findings and prescribed course of action. And if you are in between dentists and do not have a referring dentist, please contact our office directly. We are here to help you and we will efficiently take care of any urgent dental tooth extractions in our office. If your dentist needs a referral form, it can be located here.
Tooth Extraction Process Overview
At Adara Surgical Institute we always pursue the least invasive option for each tooth extraction. Overall this allows for a faster recovery time ideally, so while each tooth extraction is unique to the patient there are some basic steps taken for a dental tooth extraction procedure. For your comfort and assurance here is a brief overview to give you a better understanding of what to expect; for when you have your tooth extraction or wisdom teeth removal procedure. If your wisdom teeth are impacted see here: Impacted Wisdom Teeth, Wisdom Teeth Removal, After Extraction of Wisdom Teeth
Basic tooth extraction overview
- Patients will arrive with a driver and empty stomach (no food or drink for 6 hours prior)
- An IV (intravenous catheter) is started and the patient is given medication to relax them and put them to sleep and place them under IV sedation or General Anesthesia.
- A numbing agent is applied to ensure the patient will not have pain when they wake from sedation.
- The tooth extraction procedure is completed by removing the tooth with care.
- The tooth extraction site is cleaned and gently packed with gauze.
- In many cases, we will also place a bone graft and a dental implant at the same time as the extraction.
- Monitored to ensure anesthesia is wearing off and tooth extraction is not bleeding excessively.
- We generally recommend that you have someone drive you home after your procedure.
- Recovery at home, rest is recommended for 1-4 days.
- For the first several days you will want to take extra care with your tooth extraction site to help it heal. Straws are not recommended to prevent suctioning that might reopen the tooth extraction site, that might cause additional bleeding.
- Hydrate with room temperature liquids so that you are not exposing the area to extreme temperatures. Soft foods that are of a moderate temperature for the first several days, gradually adding firmer foods as you recover. Ice applied externally for short periods and ibuprofen are recommended to reduce swelling and recovery pain.
- Mouth hygiene is always important but especially so when recovering from a tooth extraction. For the most part you will be following your normal mouth hygiene routine but for the time being you will skip brushing the tooth extraction area. Be sure to rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash or with baking soda, gently swish.
- If any antibiotics were prescribed, follow directions as indicated. A follow up appointment to be scheduled as needed.
Selection of Services for Oral Surgical Procedures in Bellevue, WA
- Dental Implants
- Replacing Missing Teeth
- Overview of Implant Placement
- Missing All Upper or Lower Teeth
- Bone Grafting for Implants
- Implant Supported Overdenture
- After Implant Placement
- Cost of Dental Implants
- Wisdom Teeth
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
- After Extraction of Wisdom Teeth
- Jaw Surgery
- Oral Pathology
- Sleep Apnea
- Platelet Rich Plasma – Accelerated Healing
Schedule a Consultation Today
Adara Surgical Institute located in Issaquah, WA (near Bellevue) is synonymous with client care, we make every effort to ensure that our clients are well taken care regardless of the complexity of their dental tooth extraction needs. We handle each patient quickly and efficiently to get them back to smiling and being as pain free as possible.