Providing our patients with the finest possible surgical care available is our continuing goal.
We take pride in helping our patients have a very positive experience while under our care.
The following instructions will help us provide you with the high-quality care that you deserve.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING FOR EIGHT HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR SURGERY- INCLUDING WATER.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with us prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- If you are having intravenous medication, bring someone with you to wait in our office while you are in surgery and to drive you home. Your surgery will be rescheduled if your ride does not accompany you time of surgery. You should not drive or operate any kind of equipment for at least 24 hours after being given intravenous medication.
- Brush your teeth prior to your appointment.
- Wear clothing that is loose around your neck and short sleeves or sleeves that are easily rolled up. DO NOT WEAR FLIP-FLOPS OR ANY TIME OF SLIDE SHOE. TENNIS SHOES ARE IDEAL.
- Do not wear contact lenses (or bring something to put your contacts in once you arrive at our office), make-up, or jewelry.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours prior surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness, such as, a cold, sore throat, stomach ache or upset bowels. Please notify our office.